- This event has passed.
The Celebrant Collective Retreat Convention – The future of Celebrancy
Thursday 8th November 2018 - Friday 9th November 2018
THE CELEBRANTS COLLECTIVE RETREAT CONVENTION 2018
The Celebrants Collective is beyond excited to hold its first ever annual Celebrants’ retreat convention in Malaga, Spain. Two full days of community, connection, education, inspiration, relaxation, and of course, fun!
Welcoming Celebrants from around the globe, the Celebrants’ Collective provides a positive environment for Celebrants. An environment where Celebrants can come and simply ‘be.’ An environment to build new connections and friendships, for exploring the art of celebrancy and for improving your understanding of celebrancy and the role of Celebrants in these ever-changing modern times.
ABOUT THE VENUE
Set in the beautiful Malaga countryside, the Alhaurin Golf Resort is a charming boutique hotel, which embodies typically Andalucian touches with a modern feel. Its ambiance, gastronomy and friendliness of staff will allow celebrants to enjoy a taste of Andalucia, and to relish the benefits that this space has to offer.
The hotel is located in the heart of the Costa del Sol, just 30 minutes from Malaga International Airport, 40 minutes from the stunning historical centre of Malaga, 40 minutes from Marbella and the world famous Puerto Banus. It’s also 15 minutes from the beaches of Fuengirola and only minutes from the towns of Mijas and Alhaurin el Grande.
The hotel boasts a full gym, sauna, beauty cabins and spa treatments, all surrounded by large gardens, tennis courts, swimming pool, cafe, and restaurant La Ventilla, which is renowned for its fantastic seasonal menu and use of local produce.
ABOUT THE RETREAT
The retreat convention has been designed to allow Celebrants to be a part of an educational and inspirational space and to facilitate learning in a positive and encouraging environment. We offer Celebrants the chance to learn as much as possible, without overwhelming and overloading them with too much information. We also want Celebrants to be able to enjoy each other’s company and to have the chance and the time to talk and celebrate in person!
Click this link for the full retreat schedule for Thursday 8th November and Friday 9th November.
PARTNERS ARE WELCOME
Whilst the retreat convention itself is just for Celebrants, we do understand that some of you may want to bring partners to enjoy an extended break after the convention or to tie the convention into a much-needed holiday.
For this reason, for an additional cost, partners will be welcome to stay at the hotel and to attend some of the retreat activities. Partners are welcome to our unofficial welcome drinks on the Wednesday evening before the retreat convention, our first night tapas gala on Thursday 8th and our end-of-convention flamenco and fiesta party on the evening of Friday 9th November. You don’t need to book partners in at the time of your own booking, they can be added at a later date, if needs be. Please see below for room supplements and meal costs.
DIETARY REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL REQUESTS
Please let us know at the time of booking if you have any special requests or requirements and if you have any dietary requirements or preferences. We will send you an even registration form where you’ll be able to let us know.
PRICES (all prices are quoted in EUROS and are inclusive of tax, breakfast, lunch, dinner and two nights’ accommodation)
MEMBERS RETREAT PRICE – In order to qualify for the Members’ convention rate, you must be a member at the time of booking and also at the time of the retreat convention itself.
We also have the option to pay for the retreat convention via a payment plan in order to spread out the payments. Members or non members can sign up for the plan, which will allow you to pay for the retreat in two instalments. The first instalment is made at the time of booking and the second on or by September 18th 2018. Please let us know if you would like to pay in this way and we will send you the payment link.
If you are local to Malaga or live in the surrounding areas, please email us for more information about convention day rates.
OPTIONAL EXTRAS FOR THOSE WANTING TO BRING A NON-RETREAT ATTENDING PARTNER
If you are bringing a partner with you, you can add their booking to your own or add them at a later date.
GETTING TO MALAGA
Malaga’s international airport is served by huge number of airlines from most European countries and non- European countries alike. Taxis and pre-arranged minibuses are recommended for travel to the venue. For those of you who might be interested in arranging travel as a group, we highly recommend B-Met Transport services. www.b-met.com
The retreat convention officially starts on Thursday 8th November, however we expect that many of you will want to arrive on Wednesday 7th November.
Rooms for the Wednesday night (7th November) are available for 85€ per room with breakfast included, based on single occupancy. Please check with us before booking if you require accommodation for the Wednesday night.
The retreat convention will officially finish on the evening of Friday 9th November. Unless you extend your stay at the hotel, you must check-out from the hotel before 12pm on Saturday 10th November. The hotel can help you call for a taxi to the airport or help with any other arrangements.
STEP ONE – You choose your payment option for the retreat convention and make the payment accordingly. You can pay securely through this site using a credit card or your Paypal account.
STEP TWO – You will receive an immediate confirmation of your payment. Followed by a more detailed email confirming your booking and an event registration form. The event registration form will allow us to collect necessary information from you about you and your requirements for the event and to organise the room allocations.
STEP THREE – The Celebrants Collective will send out dedicated emails to retreat attendees to keep you up-to-date with our event plans, including a full event itinerary, contact and emergency and retreat welcome pack, as we get closer to the retreat date.
- Two day retreat convention featuring keynote speakers, workshops, talks and other activities tbc.
- Two nights’ accommodation on site at the retreat venue, Alhaurin Golf Hotel Resort, based on one double room with single occupancy for the nights of Thursday 8th and Friday 9th November, 2018.
- Welcome drinks on Wednesday evening for those arriving on Wednesday (cava, beer, wine, ‘tinto de verano’, soft drinks and mineral water)
- Light lunch on both days including teas and coffees, soft drinks and mineral water
- Thursday evening Tapas Gala. Includes wine, cava, beer, soft drinks and mineral water.
- Friday evening Paella Party. Includes sangria, beer, soft drinks and mineral water.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Flights to and from Malaga
- Return transport from airport to retreat venue
- Hotel mini-bar and any extras that you might order outside of meal-times.
- Spa treatments on offer by the hotel
GOOD TO KNOW…
On average, November is the wettest month of the year in Malaga, but unlike in central and northern parts of Europe the rain tends to be heavy, thundery and short-lived and the majority of the days are sunny and dry. Temperatures usually fall as the month progresses but remain on the mild side, with a mean daytime maximum temperature of 20°C and an average overnight minimum of 11°C.
TRAVEL INSURANCE AND HEALTH COVER
We recommend getting travel insurance and health cover to cover you in the case of any eventualities. An EU EHIC card will cover you if coming from an EU country for emergency medical treatment.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Once made, all payments are non-refundable in the event of a cancellation, travel insurance is therefore advisable. In the highly unlikely event of a cancellation by The Celebrants Collective, retreat payments would be refunded. Flights and other costs would not be refunded, hence why we recommend travel insurance in the unlikely case that this would happen.
- Non-celebrant guests who will be staying at the hotel and/or attending some retreat activities must be advised of at the time of booking or as an amendment to any booking by August 1st 2018.
- The Celebrants Collective is not liable for loss or damage to personal possessions during the retreat convention.
- If you book via the two instalment payment plan, the final payment is to be made on August 1st. You will be sent a reminder for the final balance. If you would like to make the second payment before this date, please email us. This payment plan does not qualify for the early-bird booking discounts
- All the rooms in the hotel are with en-suite facilities and there are three categories of rooms: superiors, standards and 3 singles. Rooms will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis with the three singles being allocated last.
ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE BOOKING?
You can either live message us using the live messenger window on the right hand corner of this site or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.